Tuesday, April 19, 2005

New Pope...

so there is a new pope now. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I'm not Catholic, so the pope matters to me only in so far as he is a world leader. This fellow(can't spell his name and you can google it anyway) seems to be more of the same -#2 under Pope John Paul II, 78 yo, from the vatican powers that be- so I guess that is about the best we could have hoped for. It didn't look like there were really a lot of terribly progressive candidates and there were some terribly scary possibilities, so more of the same is at least not a loss.

but who knows what the future holds or what an old man will do. So now we enter into another pope-out wash of all news and events, so I have already had to turn my radio station away from NPR so I can listen to music and not hear pope stuff all the time. I turned to the lovely KEXP out of Seattle which has a reliable and user-friendly webcast. I think I am going to go listen to their archived live performance by the Decemberists.

KEXP 90.3 FM - where the music matters

No comments: