Thursday, April 28, 2005

good americans...

I have kind of tried to stay out of the pope was a nazi fray. Really, his creepy looks and creepier politics are more than enough for me to dislike him, so going back and reminding us that he was ok being a part of one of the worst episodes in modern history is overkill. And there is the whole, "he was a kid" thing, which for damn near any other post, I would think is a perfectly reasonable argument, but if you are supposed to be called by God... whatever. Not my beef. I'm not Catholic so he is just one more old creepy fellow with bad politics and power that he will probably misuse.

but I am linking to this Billmon post about the whole thing so I can steal this quote:

"Do not forget that every people deserves the regime it is willing to endure!"

Whiskey Bar: The Good German

What are you willing to endure?

No comments: